Fully Customized Heritage Journey Services
A Heritage Journey is your child’s first trip back to connect with their homeland. We believe that this trip should be a purposeful, intentional and well-thought out journey of exploration and transformation with his or her adoptive family. Our goal is to customize EVERY trip to meet the needs of EVERY family member while on that journey.
Our trips are designed to:
- Foster family bonding
- Build self-esteem and a positive self-identity
- Cultivate pride in a family’s multi-cultural heritage
- Research indicates that internationally adopted children score lower on measures of self-esteem, struggle with attachment and identity issues and often feel disconnected from their family and community due to a lack of cultural integration
- Research also indicates that specific types of travel can be used for self-growth, transformation and building self-esteem!
- All our itineraries are designed to accomplish specific goals, taking into consideration the budget of every family as well as the potential emotional triggers, desires and activity level of every family member.
Please see the list of destinations we offer for our Fully Customized Heritage Journeys below. When you are ready, we’d love to help you create, design and book a Heritage Journey that meets the needs of your family.